Here are a few simple steps on how to write a letter;
- Get a piece of paper and write the date on the top right corner.
- Start your letter by writing: “Hi,” “Dear,” “Hello,” or “Hey,” then the person’s name.
- (Optional) Write “How are you? I am fine.”
- If it is your first letter to that person, write something that happened in the last day, week, or month.
- Write a lot of questions so that the person knows what to write back. (Some questions I usually ask: What have you been reading, What have you been watching, and if the person lives far away, what is the weather like.)
- End by writing “Love,” “Bye,” or “Cheers,” and then your name.
- Fold your letter to the desired size to fit your envelope with the writing inside.
- On either side of the folded letter write “To: (Person’s name)
- Put the folded letter into an envelope and seal.
- (Optional) Write “ONLY (PERSON’S NAME) READS” on the back of the envelope.